If you wish to build a fence on your own, this fence calculator will come in handy. So in this case, you can have the timber fence cost calculator. They may use it to plan your work by calculating the number of fencing supplies you’ll need to finish your privacy fence project. You’ll know precisely what to buy and how much you need thanks to our fence estimator, which will answer a burning question: how much does a fence cost?
You will get the answer from our experts at Toyo Group. For more information, please call us now.
How to use the timber fence cost calculator?
Our fence estimator may appear sophisticated, but it is a straightforward tool. To learn how to utilize it, read this brief set of instructions.
1. Determine the length of your fence and the amount of spacing you want between posts. Depending on your taste, the post spacing is usually between 6 and 8 feet; or 2 and 5 meters. In the first section of the timber fence cost calculator, enter the fence length and the spacing between posts to get the number of posts you should buy and the number of areas determined by the number of positions, which is a figure we’ll need later.
2. Enter the height of the fence to get the length of posts you’ll need to purchase. This is significant since at least one-third of each post should be hidden.
3. Enter the number of horizontal rails per fence section. The most typical number of rails per section is two. However, it varies depending on the fence’s type. The absolute number of rails you’ll need will be shown. A team and a rail are the same lengths.
4. In the third area of the fence calculator, enter the width of a single picket and the spacing between pickets to calculate the total number of pickets.
5. Because each post must be fastened to prevent your fence from collapsing, you must place the posts in concrete-filled holes. To figure out how much concrete you’ll need, enter one of the following values:
- in the case of cylindrical posts, the diameter of your post
- the post’s width and thickness for cuboid posts
A tip for buying fencing materials
Even the most seasoned construction workers make mistakes from time to time. After all, we are only human. Always keep a safety buffer in mind. It’s a good idea to buy 10% extra fence materials than you think you’ll need if you make a mistake. If your fence is perfect the first time around, the different materials won’t waste because you’ll have them on hand for future repairs. Our percentage calculator will help you figure out how much more fence material you’ll need. So in this case, you can have the timber fence cost calculator.
Why have a privacy fence and timber fence cost calculator around your property?
You might be wondering why you should bother with a fence in the first place. There are several reasons why erecting a fence around your home is a brilliant idea:
- Privacy. As the name implies, a privacy fence will allow you to relax in your yard without worrying about inquisitive eyes.
- Protection. A privacy fence would keep your children and pets safe, but it will also keep wandering animals away. It also doubles as a windbreaker, enabling you to spend your time outside without being bothered by the cold.
- Decoration. Your garden will benefit from the addition of a privacy fence. If you want your garden to be as attractive as possible, use one of our gardening calculators to figure out how many plants you’ll need and how much soil and mulch you’ll require.
- Isolation from noise. A privacy fence is one of the simplest methods to cope with noise pollution if you live near a roadway or a facility that produces a lot of it.
- Tradition. While this isn’t a fundamental cause, many believe that having an excellent white picket fence surrounding their home represents achieving the American Dream.
Why build the timber fence cost calculator for you own place?
There are several reasons why you might consider building your fence rather than hiring a professional to do it. Here are a few examples:
- It is less expensive. You won’t need to buy anything else if you use our fence calculator to figure out how much fencing material you’ll need. You may save a lot of money because there are no construction workers or designers to pay.
- You have complete freedom to do things your way. You’ll be the only one who has to answer about the fence’s appearance as long as you have all of the necessary licenses. No one will try to persuade you to do it more “fashionable” or advise you how to build a fence that they believe would be more effective (not including your other half).
- It’s fulfilling. Building a fence may not appear to be a very pleasurable pastime at first, but the thing about DIY is that it can provide enormous happiness. Creating something with your own hands rather than having it done for you may be enlightening, and the satisfaction of a job well done will return to you every time you see your completed item.
- It’s something you’ll be pleased with. It takes a lot of expertise to develop anything on your own. In this instance, you’ll need to know how to build a fence, figure out how much a fence costs and how much fencing material you’ll need, and, most importantly, complete the job yourself.
- Learning to perform all of these things is something to be proud of. It’s good for you. After all, erecting a fence is a physical activity, and there is no such thing as too much of it as long as you are in excellent condition. You will be able to spend time outside while constructing a fence.
Do you like timber fence cost calculator and want to save money? You don’t have to learn how to build a fence to get started. There are many additional tasks you may accomplish on your own, and we have a variety of tools that you might find helpful in addition to our fence calculator. Consider painting your walls to infuse some new life into your space. To ensure you receive the proper amount of paint, use our paint calculator or deck stain calculator, and enjoy a pleasant, creative pastime.
Another quick and straightforward approach to achieve this is to use wallpaper to cover your walls. Calculate how much wallpaper you’ll need and head to your local store to get the ideal design. You might even attempt tiling your floors yourself if you have any expertise with home renovations.